Let’s get 2017 started right! A new year means a new LCS anthology, and this year’s theme is Legends. Here’s a quick list of guidelines for anyone interested in submitting.
- The theme of our next anthology is Legends. All stories must be related to the theme in some way.
- All Submissions are due on March 15th 2017. No exceptions.
- The anthology will be printed in full color. All submissions must incorporate color in at least some way (tones, spot color, etc.), but they do not necessarily have to be full color.
- All Submissions should be emailed to LCSComics@gmail.com (or shared to the LCS email via google drive or the file sharing service of your choosing).
- Files need to be 300 dpi CMYK .tif or .psd Standard comic size (7 in x 10.5 in). For more details on margins and bleed, or to ensure all of your pages are formatted correctly Click here to download the Template.
- Stories can be written for any reading level, but content must be All Ages (kids buy these things).
- Stories must be no more 6 pages.
- Stories must be self contained. This means no continuing stories or “to be continued…” endings.
- We are also accepting submissions for cover art. Same file format and due date as above. After all submissions are received we will vote on the front and back cover and all other submissions will be included in a pinup gallery inside the book.
- If you are interested in submitting a story this year, please fill out this form so that we can keep track of interest and get an idea of how long we expect the book to be.
- We are a non-profit group that exists to promote cartooning in the Louisville area, and as such can’t afford to pay for submissions, but everyone who submits to the anthology will get 1 free copy of the book and the ability to purchase as many copies as they wish at a reduced cost (the cost to get them printed, usually about half the regular price).
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to email LCSComics@gmail.com. If you’re not already on or mailing list or facebook group, remember to sign up so that you can stay up to date on any news about the book. I look forward to seeing everyone’s take on the theme!