Each year around this time we do a Secret-Santa-style art swap among members of our group. We are ready to get it started once again this year! Here’s how it works:
- Open to Louisville Cartoonist Society members and active participants. Have you ever been to a meeting, worked our booth at a show or attended a drink-n-draw? If “yes”, you are in!
- Everyone submits their name and a character request via this online sign-up form by November 15.
- We randomly assign each person to someone else
- Everyone must create a full blown commission – at least one full body character with minimal background – for that person based on their character request. Commissions can be pencil, marker, ink or paint and should be 9×12 or larger on nice bristol board or similar. Everyone wants great artwork so really put some time into it! The pieces seem to be getting better each year.
- On Wednesday, December 17 we will have a holiday party (time and location to be determined) and exchange the art and reveal everything. You must be present in order to participate!
- For the art, feel free to include supporting characters or more detailed backgrounds, etc. Would be nice to include a bag, sleeve or frame, but certainly not required.