Since we had not gotten together for an official meeting since Derby City Comic Con, it was time to get together. This time we met up at the BBC in St. Matthews (Louisville). Here’s the summarized recap:
Record turnout tonight!
- Zach recapped our activity at Derby City Con. Bruce will assist in keeping track of book sales.
- Phil recapped the Mini-Maker Faire/NuLu Fest
- Phil to follow-up with Why Louisville, Ultra Pop on our most recent anthology sales. Kevlen to follow-up with The Destination to collect funds.
- We plan to reprint our Derby City Stories anthology with a short run of books. Zach will follow-up.
- Talked about our next anthology – Fantasy theme. Full color, 8-page max. Anyone can submit cover concepts and if they are not selected, we will use them as pinups in the book. Nov 15 story due date. Feb 15 all final submissions are due. Check the facebook events for date reminders (first deadline is here, upcoming events are here). We plan to try a kickstarter to fund the printing, in the spring (March 2015 timeframe).
- Talked about possibilities for cover variations, distributing the books to other retail outlets – maybe beyond Louisville.
- Do we allow other creators to submit work for our anthology outside of Louisville? Answer: yes.
- Upcoming custom toy show with Ultra Pop on Jan. 17, 2015