Hi everyone – It’s time to start putting together the next LCS anthology. We set up a ballot box at Derby City Comic-con and let the people vote! “Louisville” was the most popular choice, so that’s what we are going with. If you would like to submit a story to be included in this printed comic book anthology, read on!
NOTE: This information is subject to change!
Louisville. The book will be be PG, so no adult content.
A perfect bound, printed, standard-sized comic book. The more great submissions we get, the more pages we will fill! Full-color. Stories should be no more than 6 pages of your own original story and content. 1-page pin-ups will be accepted, but stories will take precedence.
Who Can Submit:
We welcome submissions from creators in Southern Indiana, Louisville, KY and surrounding communities.
We encourage collaboration! If you have a great story but need an artist, let the group know and maybe we can help coordinate some great team-ups. Our Facebook group would be a great place to start to make some connections. Rather do it all yourself? Go for it.
February 1st, 2014: All stories must be received by this time, NO EXCEPTIONS and NO EXTENSIONS. Please allow time for problems and fixes!
How to Submit:
You will need to submit a digital file of each of your pages, cleaned up, colored and ready for print. Email your finished pages to: [email@example.com]. The LCS gmail account can receive file sizes up to 25MB. Please zip your files if possible.
Once you have emailed your story artwork files OR even if you just want to let us know you have a submission in the works, please complete the Artist Info Form.
– You should submit 300dpi files. You can send flattened Photoshop files (.psd) or .TIF files (Recommended with LZW compression preferred). Note that JPG is a compressed image format, so if you send this, make sure the quality setting is as high as possible.
– Digital document size figuring out details here but you should definitely: submit files at 300dpi, .25″ allowed for bleed and trim — so make sure nothing important falls within a quarter inch (or more, to be safe) of the document’s edge.
– Final color mode should be CMYK (Recommended: Scan or work in RGB then convert to CMYK at the end)
– Please use this email subject line when you submit: “LCS Anthology 2014 – YourName – Page 1 of 4”
– Please include your name and the page number in your file names, like: children_anthology_john_smith_pg_1_of_4.tif
– If you have questions, just let me know: Phil Back, 1backspin [at] gmail dot com
The LCS will be paying for some of the printing costs, thanks to our successful Kickstarter project, and creators will be asked to buy some books at a reduced price to offset the rest of the printing costs.
– File submissions that don’t fit the above description will be returned.
– All submissions will be subject to review by the LCS editorial staff, and there’s no guarantee you will be selected for the book.
– Don’t submit files that still have the “non-photo” blue guidelines… or even light grey remnants of the guidelines. If you unsure how to properly remove the blue guides, consider using paper without pre-printed guidelines.